Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Home Made Boom pole

  1. #1
    Inactive Member o2pb's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2004
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I took a telescopic painting pole, and got a custom adapter that lets me connect the shotgun mic to the pole. Its a perfect design. he only thing is..... if I scrape something on the pole while the mic is recording, the noise gets transfered along the pole, and you can her the scrape/knock once everything is recorded. By scrape I mean, the sound it makes when you shift hands, or slighly move them along the pole.

    is there any way I could absorb that noise? The pole is a hollow alluminum tube.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sn-films's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2001
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What you are looking for is referred to as a shockmount. Follow this link and scroll down to the close-up of the microphone to see a homemade version.

    http://www.fanfilmsforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=555

  3. #3
    Inactive Member o2pb's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2004
    Posts
    52
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very interesting. Ill do some experimenting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •